Berry Marketing Services Limited trading as venuedirectory.com
Your privacy is important to us, we always strive to manage your personal information with integrity and respect. Earning your trust as we protect your privacy is at the core of what we do every day. We are committed to:
- Being transparent about data management.
- Simplifying our policies and making your choices clear.
- Making sure you have control of your own data.
We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store your personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use and share your personal information.
- Our Software as a Service platforms.
- Social media.
(we’ll refer to these as services throughout the rest of this policy)
This also relates to any information that you provide to us in person, for example at meetings or exhibitions, by email, phone or SMS, letters and other correspondence.
- What information we may collect about you.
- How we will use the information we collect about you.
- When we may use your details to contact you.
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else.
- Your choices regarding personal information that you provide to us.
Naturally we are committed to keeping your personal information safe and while we take every possible effort to safeguard this you should be aware that no website can be completely secure, therefore if you have concerns that your account could have been compromised please contact us right away.
If you feel that we have not been able to deal with your concerns and you have a complaint, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner, which you can do by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) directly, or through their website ~ www.ico.org.uk.
Who are we?
Berry Marketing Services is the registered company that trades as venuedirectory.com, a UK based private held interactive directory website built upon an in-house owned CMS that provides information about conferencing, meeting and exhibition venues located all over the world.
venuedirectory.com allows meeting planners to enter their own venue search criteria via various online search methods such as “advanced search” or “dynamic map search”. Details of the required location for the venue and the available function options are supplied to them within a few seconds. Venue browsers can find detailed information on the venues, including facilities, location, images, maps and a printing ‘Fact Sheet’ as well as undertaking a ‘virtual’ tour of the venue. Alternatively, event planners can send a specific enquiry (RFP) to the website customer service department and obtained the customised information shortly
We also provide Software as a Service solutions to Agents, Convention Bureaux and Clients in the form of GRATIS and other booking engines on various external websites, full details of which can be found on the venuedirectory.com website.
What information will venuedirectory.com collect about me?
When you sign up to any of our services or online content such as venuedirectory.com, newsletters, competitions, telephone or e-mail us we may receive personal information about you. This may include information such as your name, gender, e-mail address, telephone or mobile number and postal address.
Some of our services allow you to sign in using a third-party service such as Twitter or LinkedIn; if you choose to use this method you will be presented with a box that will ask your permission to allow us to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, e-mail address and any other information that you have made publicly accessible). Any information that is not required by the particular service you wish to use will not be retained by us.
How will you use the information you collect about me?
We use your personal information in a number of ways to enhance the service we provide to you:
- To provide you with our services, to deal with requests and enquiries about online content.
- To contact you about any submission you’ve made including content provided.
We may analyse the information you supply and your activity on our services so that we can offer a more relevant tailored service. If you are signed in to our services or have subscribed to email updates and newsletters you will receive a personalised service If you no longer wish to receive this you may unsubscribe at any time from your homepage when logged in or by sending an email to our data controller.
- We use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to establish number of visits from geographical regions.
- We will share your personal information with the hotel or other venue you place a booking with, which we will do in order to fulfil our contract with you [and/or on the basis of your explicit consent].
- PLEASE NOTE: depending on the location of the hotel and/or the location of the services used in the hotel booking process, your personal data may be transferred outside of the EEA. You should note that, outside of the EEA, your personal data may not be kept as securely as European and/or UK Data Legislation requires [and therefore we require your consent to this type of sharing of your data].
If you have registered to use any of our services you may update your contact preferences on your homepage.
When will you contact me?
You may be contacted by us for the following reasons:
- In response to correspondence we receive from you or any comments or complaints about our services.
- Regarding any content you have submitted to us for publication including news items, special offers and promotions.
- In relation to an event or venue enquiry that you have made through any of our services.
- To invite you to take part in surveys relating to our services.
- In order to ensure that we can deliver your service, for example to verify your email when you register for an account or to help you reset your password.
- For marketing purposes.
Contact for marketing purposes
We will only send you marketing emails or contact you via our services where you have agreed to this. We may personalise the message contact based on information you have supplied to us and your use of our services. We provide regular and ad hoc newsletters and email updates.
We may also use your personal information to show you relevant advertising on third party websites, for example Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Sharing your personal information
We will share your information with Third Parties. We share the information that you have supplied or answered within the questionnaires with the relevant venue or client. The clients use this to profile you; this enables them to send you targeted communications. Venues use the information to provide you with quotations and contracts related to your enquiry.
PLEASE NOTE: depending on the location of the hotel and/or the location of the services used in the hotel booking process, your personal data may be transferred outside of the EEA. You should note that, outside of the EEA, your personal data may not be kept as securely as European and/or UK Data Legislation requires [and therefore we require your consent to this type of sharing of your data].
How long will you keep my information
We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary, for example to maintain your account. If you wish to delete your account we will ensure that your personal information is deleted immediately and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes.
If you don’t use your account for 12 months we’ll send you an email to ask if you would like it to be deleted or retained for a further 12 months.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right by law to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request collection of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data; and
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
How can I delete my personal information
You may delete your data by closing your account with us. If you no longer wish to keep your account please email us at email@example.com
How can I find out what personal information you hold about me?
The Data Protection Act gives you have the right to request a copy of any personal information that we hold about you. Naturally we need to be sure that it’s you making the request so we’ll need 2 items of identification from you; these could be any two of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill (no more than three months old)
- Bank Statement (current or up to three months old)
- Driving Licence
What is a cookie? Essentially it is a string of text containing information that a website transfers to the cookie file on your computer so that the website can remember who you are. It will usually consist of the name of the domain where the cookie originated, a value which is usually a randomly generated unique number and the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie.
Why do you need them? Cookies help websites arrange content to match your interests more quickly but don’t worry you can’t be identified by cookies alone.
Can I disable cookies? Yes of course you may accept of decline cookies or you can modify the settings in your browser but remember that if you disable cookies you may not be able to use all of the interactive features of websites.
If we make any significant changes to the policy for instance how we use your personal information than we’ll notify you by email.
Finally if you have any queries about this policy please get in touch with us
Data Protection Officer
Berry Marketing Services Limited
Enterprise House, 21 Oxford Road
Bournemouth, BH8 8EY
or by e-mail: DPO@venuedirectory.com